Planet Rodong

Thursday, November 03, 2005

What I did last raya

I just arrived in Kuantan from Kulai last night after a 5 hour drive through Mersing. Tha`s the best route compared to the boring Segamat highway. Raya in Kulai was great with smiles, laughter and even tears for reasons I don`t quite understand but the womens seem happy enough doing it so let it be. I played bunga api with the children teaching them that rules can be broken and should be broken once a while or else life would be too boring. Just be careful not to get hurt or caught. Our next door neighbours have loads of fireworks to share. He`s not rich but better cause he`s with the Kastam Johor and they just busted 6 mil worth of fireworks. In the afternoon we drove to Kuantan via Kota Tinggi Mersing and Pang5 begged for a Felda Taib Andak photo. OK lah a short stop won`t do any harm. Actally we were supposed to visit our Mak Uda there for raya but we skipped to avoid any traffic jam at Mawi`s house which is just nearby.
After a 5 hour drive, I arrived last night and sat at Ikelah`s PC. No wonder DITH spelt berkhemah. This keys are stiff man. I had to use my elbow. This house is great. I can see the beach from here, it`s raing outside and the morning air is fresh but last night it was quite eerie. On TV was showing Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam and if there`s gonna be any hantu I won`t mind if it`s Maya Karin.

Despite claims that Paul`s comments are too sharp yesterday Ikelah asked for comments on his photographs in DITH`s blog. Pain do cause addiction it seems. However since I am entering the blog from his PC, I decided to be more considerate. It`s Raya time isn`t it. So instead of giving sharp comments, I chose to give blunt ones this time.

9 Comments:

  • plz make urself at home...jgn lupa beri makan kucing. kalau rajin kemas la apa yg patut ek. nak mandi laut pergilah kawe kasi permission, takyah bayar tol. kalau terlebih rajin, cabut rumput, heheh...ok thanks for caring for the house and cats.

    p.s. makanlah kuih raya tu, cuma tolong cellotapekan balik ek, hehheh

    By Blogger dith, at 7:24 PM  

  • I feel at home especially at this pc. My wife said it`s exactly like my pc station with all the extra accessories on and around the table. Everythng reachable to avoid unnecessary energy wastage. Even the kotak mainboard so that you can spontaniously repack everything if the need suddenly arise.
    Kemas? No need and will only make me feel less at home.

    By Blogger Boogey, at 3:32 AM  

  • I feel at home especially at this pc. My wife said it`s exactly like my pc station with all the extra accessories on and around the table. Everythng reachable to avoid unnecessary energy wastage. Even the kotak mainboard so that you can spontaniously repack everything if the need suddenly arise.
    Kemas? No need and will only make me feel less at home.

    By Blogger Boogey, at 3:32 AM  

  • Hehehe sounds like you had a good Raya. It was LAMB biryani for me this Raya instead of sausages, alhamdulillah. Dah mandi laut ke belum?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM  

  • Weh kenakelayan, raya this year kureng happening. Kawe sorang bawak stock bunga api. Food not as many as last year.
    Mandi laut not yet and maybe not this time cause the weather is hot.
    Probably I`ll take a week leave nearly next month to sepnd a few days at a small chalet somewhere near Rompin.
    Selamat Hari Raya to you there. I remember you are a weak diner so the lamb briyani can be considered wasted. Me, Pang5 and Ikelah should be the ones facing the lamb briyani. Baru la bebetul massacre.

    By Blogger Boogey, at 9:32 PM  

  • lamb biryani? where? where..? the younger the lamb, the more delicious it is so i was told. hence, i take it my mission to find out whether it is the truth or otherwise.

    kenakelayan, i remember taking you and waheeda for dinner at that syrian restaurant. was it called 'zaid'? anyway, you guys did not eat much. so i agree with boogey, that lamb biryani is a waste on you.

    your huggy-bear can eat, tho. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 AM  

  • boogey... I think the last time you saw me eat was donkey-years ago, and you were too busy concentrating on your food that you didn't notice what was happening around you. Suffice it to say that my own FATHER only noticed how much I eat last December when I was in Malaysia (this was in his favourite daun pisang restaurant, Nachi's. He couldn't help noticing because I had more than 1 helping, and finished everything on my daun!) I really wonder how he missed noticing how much I eat when during mealtimes I am seated next to him !! (In Nachi's, I sat opposite Papa. Hehehe of course must sit next to huggy-bear!) You are talking to a girl who, during secondary school, used to eat AT LEAST 2 full plates of rice 5 times a day, and never gained weight, no kidding. Here friends have called me 'The Inspiration' for my eating abilities, in fact I am to blame for several of my friends' gaining weight because they can't stop eating whenever I am eating with them. Hahahaha why deny yourself, life is too short! Suffice to say they have joined the gym now, in order to keep the flab off.

    P5: I was exhausted that day, hence low appetite. Also, if we had gone to the Persian restaurant Alounak, I guarantee sure makan banyak punyalah!!! I find the meat they serve there much more juicier, and the blend of spices subtle yet wholly satisfying. The Syrian restaurant is called Abou Zaad. I had Afghani pilau there the other day, but the lamb was a bit dry. I much preferred the Afghani pilau at Kabuli Restaurant, sedappp gilers, the chicken pilau was better than the lamb, it was sooo juicy and came with some gravy with meatballs. Yum. Abou Zaad does great Arab rice in a tray with a huge leg of lamb on it (alas, it is for catering only, sigh). Very juicy. Very fatty. So yummy.

    However, age is catching up on me now. I am less inspired to eat a lot nowadays, and hence must hand over my 'The Inspiration' title to someone else... hmmm sapa yek? My huggy-bear nowadays kena jaga his diet, so I have to figure out less fattening recipes. And also it is a good thing my appetite dah toned down, because usually people can't abstain from food whenever I'm around!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 AM  

  • Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a caulfieldvendor site called Holden Tees. We're a small company and we sell shirts and stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time

    -Holden Tees

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:07 PM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home